Friday, April 4, 2008

Watercolour I Wonder?

I've been wanting to share these cards for ages! My techniques class last month was an introduction to watercolouring using Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Aquapainters or Blender pens. I had so much interest in this class that I had to split it into 2 separate classes. One class was in march and the next one will be on Thursday April 17th at 7pm. There is still a little space if you are interested. The class costs $15 or $10 for Stampin' VIP members and you can RSVP to me by e-mail or phone. This is the first card we did to get used to moving around the colours. We created a sunset background using the colour wash technique Then we embossed the wild flowers and butterfly from The Essence of Love set with black EP so that it really popped! I pushed myself out of my colour comfort zone with this card, did you know that before making this card I had never even touched my Bravo Burgundy? I'm still not in love with this colour but I see that it has its uses ;^>.

Recipe:

Stamps:
The essence of Love
Paper: not quite navy, bravo burgundy, so saffron, watercolour paper, Spring break DSP
Inks: Versamark
Tools & Accessories: Rich Regal Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, spray bottle, black EP, needle tool.


This is the second card we made. I always struggle a little with masculine cards so I was thrilled to see the set 'For Father', this image with the puppy was the one that really sold me. I really enjoyed putting this card together. I tried to echo the boot laces with the jumbo eyelets on the right what do you think? One of the really cool things about this image is that you an easily change the dog breed based on how you colour it. I've seen black, chocolate and yellow labs but I also saw the puppy turned into a beagle. You can turn it into pretty much any kind of short haired hound, hmm... my brother is trying to become a fire fighter, this could be a great image to congratulate him using black boots and a dalmatian.... I'll let you know how that goes!

Recipe

Stamps:
For Father
Papers: watercolour, bordering blue, always artichoke, chocolate chip
Inks: Stazon black, creamy caramel, basic grey
Tools & Accessories: Earth Elements Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Crop-A-Dile, jumbo eyelets, hemp, piercing tool


This was the last card we made at the 'Watercolour I Wonder..' class. I think it's my favourite. The colour combo and basic layout was inspired by someone at SCS . If you love to colour you can't get much better than the Bloomin' Beautiful set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue . I created a weathered look on this card by tapping the edge of a creamy caramel ink pad in a random fashion, while this looks OK I prefer the look achieved by my students with the actual Weathered BG stamp talk about instant vintage...yet another stamp I now must order for myself!!

Recipe:

Stamps:
Bloomin' Beautiful, French Script, Weathered
Papers: Watercolour paper, ruby red, old olive, whisper white
Inks: same as paper + creamy caramel & Stazon Black
Tools & Accessories:
corner rounder punch, Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, old olive polytwill ribbon, styled silver hodgepogde ribbon slide, circle punches, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2-way glue pen.

Remember if you can't attend a scheduled class contact me and see about hosting a class for you and a few friends when it's convenient for you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm not surprised you had to offer two classes - these projects are beautiful! Great job:)

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com