Thursday, April 17, 2008

Time to do some catching up!

My SIL who is an avid blog reader gave me a poke this afternoon and pointed out that it had been ages since I've posted. I was actually shocked how long it had been, have I really been back home for a whole two weeks now? I guess so! Anyways I will blame it all on being exhausted after a cross-country trip alone with my toddler (Yes, I know I was crazy!). An almost 2 year old, multiple buss trips, a five hour flight and far too much luggage is really a recipe for being frazzled, don't you think?

OK, now back to the matter at hand, I have soooo much to share with you, here are some more samples from the Montreal regional conference I just returned from:


this was a cute little tag made by one of the Quebec based presenters. ( I really need to remember to take down names next time!!) I thought it was really sweet and so simple too. All it took to make this one inked up fingers and a black Stampin' Write marker.



This next card was also made by a Quebec demo at the conference. She used the spray and smash technique, shown here, on glossy paper before stamping and cutting out the flowers from Bloomin' With Happiness. I think the effect is really gorgeous, don't you? The other neat thing is is that this is a z fold card and the floral medallion tucks under the greeting to stay closed.



I'm a big fan of daisies so I really liked these two cards. The yellow one on the right is made using the Pick-A-Petal set. I love the one on the left, it's so cheerful and they did a great job of using DSP (check out the grass!)

Isn't this a fun card? I really like the retro feel of it. The colour combo is really sharp but, not one I would have thought of with this stamp set. This is why I love seeing other peoples projects, I can really get stuck in a rut using the same colours and styles etc. but all it takes is to see one fresh idea and I'm off on a new creative tangent!

Well I think I will leave things there for tonight, I have tons more to show you though! If I manage to keep on top of things, I hope to post a few new pics from the conference everyday for the next while. So come back, ya hear?

No comments: