Monday, April 21, 2008

Make and Takes from Montreal

Yay, I'm proud of me, posting two days in a row!! I have to celebrate the little victories...Now, today i decided I would share with you the fantastic make and takes we made in Montreal. They were all quite simple but, really inspiring! The free stamp set we received at the regionals was called 'So Much' (we got the French one, which is why all the pics say 'merci' instead of 'thank you'). This was a stamp set that really didn't fizz with me when I first saw it in the catalogue but, after playing with it a little at regionals...I'm in love!! The other stamp set that was featured at the conference was 'Live Your Dreams' from the mini catalogue. This one too didn't do anything for me...sigh...the dangers of playing with stamp sets...now, I love this one too!
This simple but elegant card showed me how much fun the different elements in this stamp set are. Don't you just love that little bird? I really like how they coloured the one flower and added a rhinestone brad to the centre it makes it stand out.
This is a sweet little 6x6 scrapbook page we made using the same stamp set and my favourite design from the Afternoon Tea DSP pack. Stampin' Up! has been using some truly beautiful quotes in their newest stamp sets, this one is particularly inspiring.

Here is a neat and very simple card. All we did to make the outer portion was take a regular kraft envelope, seal it and cut off the top inch. It makes a perfect little sleeve for the card with no gluing and fussing! On this card I used the French quote, I was act

Once again they came up with another fun, simple and yet really unique card. I just love this one, it's so whimsical. Mixing the textured CS with the flat CS and particularly the kraft CS adds great interest to this piece.

This is another super cute card, I won't go into to many details for it now though because I have a little tutorial to share with you soon. You won't believe how simple is is to make.
Here is the final project we made. This is a 12x12 scrap book page which I am just itching to fill with black and white photos of my little one. It was this project that really made me appreciate the circles found in the So Much stamp set. I love how easy it was to make a subtle yet fun background with these stamps and a little bit of VersaMark. At the conference, they did not have an alphabet set available to us so I filled in the green bar myself at home. The title simply says "I love you" and "So Much". I stamped the letters using the Jumbo Outline Alphabet, then coloured them in using my VersaMarker (just to make them stand out a little more), then I added some doodles with my Signo white gel pen, and finally I made the cute little apostrophe with a punched flower and a black brad.

I hope you find the projects as fun and inspiring as I did. I will be back tomorrow to share some swaps and other items!

No comments: