Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Funky Pretties

Well once again I find myself at the end of the day with very little time but, I still want to share a little something with you. From my huge collection of images from montreal I picked out a few that had to do with tomorrow's Dyeing for Spring Class. This class is all about dyeing/colouring embellishments such as the silk flowers in the Pretties kit or ribbon or even metal pieces. The pictures in this post show a few of the wild things you can do to the silk flowers from the Pretties kit.

The first card shows a flower that has been delicately coloured with pastels and then mounted to look like an upright flower. I thought that was really neat and would never have thought to use the blooms this way.

The second picture shows off a cute gift box. The flower on this bow was coloured by pressing it into an Encore gold ink pad, the ink seeps right through it and you'd never guess that it was 'home-coloured'.

The third picture is o
f a really pretty card. The silk flower here was coloured using markers and then covered in dazzling diamonds glitter. It really shimmered.

The final card is really wild, definitely not my style but effective all the same. The flower on this card was 'smooshed' into a Versamark pad and then dipped in black embossing powder and heated. It gives it a very unusual look reminiscent of patent leather or more likely black vinyl!!

I hope these projects have inspired you to play with the pretties kit. If it has I am offering a free re-inker in the colour of you choice to anyone who orders the pretties kit before the end of the month, if you're interested, please e-mail me.

No comments: