Sunday, April 20, 2008

Carousel Purse

Well, I've been waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of some of my latest projects but, this (on the left) is what it looks like outside my studio window today...you can't tell in the photo but, the snow is really coming down, and the forecast is calling for more!! Anyhow, the project I am going to show you today is what we will be making on May the 8th at our Mother's Day class. I had to break down and set up a few fluorescent lamps so I could actually get the pics taken!


This is my version of JanTink's Carousel Notes purse. She has a wonderful tutorial that you can find on her blog here. When I saw this project I knew imediately that this would make the perfect Mother's Day gift and so the perfect Mother's Day Workshop Project. I had a wonderful time making this purse, it fairly easy to make but the results are really impressive. I actually was not fond of this DSP when I saw it in the mini catalogue, I also thought the carousel notes were kind of usless (I know, I know, I can be kind of negative sometimes) but the moment I saw this project I knew I was sold on the whole lot!!


The wonderful thing about this purse is that the real treasures are inside. There are great mats for photos and spots for journaling, and because it is actually built out of the carousel note envelopes, there are two great pockets to hold the actual decorated note cards. I have not added pics to mine yet but, I thought that black and white photos of a few generations of mother's and daughters would be perfect for it!

If you would like to take this class I need registrations by Saturday April 26th so that I can order the materials. The cost of this class will be $30 and will include a full pack of the Afternoon Tea DSP ($12.95) aswell as a full package of the carousel notes (14.95). You will complete a purse in class and take home complete instructions and more than enough paper to make at least 2 more purses! If you have any questions or would like to take part in this class please contact me.

No comments: