Monday, April 21, 2008

Recent Team Make & Takes

Almost every month the team of demonstrators I belong to gets together for a fun evening of visiting, sharing and of course stamping! Here are a couple make and take we made at the last meeting, I thought I'd better share them while they were still fresh.
This first card I think is just gorgeous. I would have never thought up this colour combo but, it has definitely got to be one of my new faves. I believe the combo is Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, River Rock and Ruby Red (it's this last colour I'm not positive on). Isn't it striking? This card uses one of my favourite background stamps Tres Chic and the Stitched Exotics bundle available as part of the current Free Wheelin' Promo . I was supposed to put a beautiful red rhinestone brad in the centre of the flower but I lost mine on the way home so I used a Build-a-Brad instead. Not quite as spanky but, it will do.
This next card is so fun and cheerful, if I look at it long enough I can almost delude myself that there isn't two feet of snow outside! The stamp set is Tart and Tangy and the DSP is Summer Picnic, both are from the current mini caty. Now, as cute as this card is there is more to it. This is a 'Scratch and Sniff" card! We used craft ink to stamp the strawberry and then embossed it using a mixture of clear embossing powder and strawberry flavoured sugar free drink mix. It worked really well I was quite impressed, and this is just the perfect stamp set to use with this technique.

That's all I have from this meeting, I wish I had my camera with me as people shared some wonderful projects. Next month I should have much more to share with you since it will be our quarterly Extravaganza...Too much fun!!

No comments: