Thursday, June 4, 2015

June Creative Journey Challenge: Day 4

Today after some serious procrastinating (which at least did result in a cleaner house) I finally tackled the backgrounds of my bluebird paintings. I decided to just release and have fun splashing the colours around. I'm still not 100% sure I achieved what I wanted but, I'm moving forward. It's always hard to judge a background until your piece is completed, sometimes it will suddenly just come together.


What is inspiring me today:


I started the day with music but, because I was obviously a bit intimidated to start slapping paint on my sketches, I turned to Youtube for painting tutorials. Sure, Youtube can be a deep, dark time sapping hole full of cat videos and awkward talent show clips but, used wisely, it can also inspire creativity and -dare I say- even increase productivity?

Even though I did not manage to find the tutorial I was looking for, just having a series of watercolourists painting with me in my living room, helped get on with the projects. I am starting to think that there is nothing you can't learn online these days! What ever you are creating, if you find yourself stuck, take a gander for a video to help you. I bet you you'll find one, or a dozen, or more...

Finally, a couple of ideas that I loved from Creative Thursday:
  • Don't be afraid of a poor start, you never know how a piece will turn out until it's finished.
  • A successful artist is someone who recognizes their insecurities and creates anyways!

How did your day go? Did it meet your expectations?

No comments: