Thursday, June 11, 2015

June Creative Journey Challenge: Day 11

I am not sure how far I will get in this post as, I am not feeling well. We seem to be having air quality issues and I have been getting shorter and shorter on breath all day. It's raining though so, I hope tomorrow will be easier.
My creativity today took on a number of forms. I seemed to have been randomly inspired in the kitchen today...could it have been the drawer of produce threatening to go bad on me? Regardless, the family got kale chips, salsa, hummus, a kombucha-fruit slushy and a giant veggie stir-fry out of the bargain!
I spent most of the afternoon painting as the mounting shortness of breath was limiting my mobility. I nearly completed the tree painting bellow, and added some masking fluid to a fun little piece I hope to show tomorrow.


What is inspiring me today:


Other than aging veggies, I was inspired by a number of the dramatic images of star skies I came across while researching yesterday's blue moon piece. Today's painting incorporates two of my favourite painting activities: silhouettes and mucking around with creating interesting textures. I pulled out every trick in the book for this background; masking, spraying, using alcohol, water, inks and salt. It's such a delight to play around with these things and you never know what the outcome will be. I knew a lot of the background texture would be hidden so, I snapped a picture of it to show you too. I also, randomly, took a shot of my stained fingers as, I amused myself wondering why a green thumb couldn't be as easy to come by as a blue thumb.


Have you tried experimenting freely with a new technique or considered reaching for non standard materials to to reignite your creativity?

Yay! I made it to the end! wink emoticon

No comments: