Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June Creative Journey Challenge: Day 16

Today will be a little different. We are approaching the end of the school year which means it's time for thank you gifts for the teachers. At the end of every school year, I make the teachers a digitally scrapbooked name frame. (I don't think any of them are following me so, I'm taking a gamble and sharing!) I like to tailor the projects to what I know of the teacher and their style if I can. The gift has gone over very well in the past and so, I've include a couple of my prior projects below for inspiration. I spent most of the day amassing the files I am planning on using and so, I don't have anything to share yet but, hopefully tomorrow!


What is inspiring me today:

There are two main things that are inspiring me today. The first is one that any paper crafter whether digital or hard copy knows: The Stash! AKA, the carefully accumulated and curated (or hoarded) collection of papers and embellishments that make your mind spin with more ideas than you will ever be able create.

The second, but, much more important source of inspiration today though, is thinking about the awesome teachers that my kids have been blessed to have this year. The kindergarten teacher that despite, coming to the class late in the year, has been the most tender and loving teacher I could hope for for my sensitive boy; the grade 3 teacher that has been remarkably attentive to my daughter's rather interesting learning style and always quick to point out her strengths; and the science teacher who has been a massive source of inspiration for my girl. It's hard not to be driven to create something extra special for teachers who have spent the year truly investing in your children.

I'd like to invite you today to simply reflect on the amazing teacher's you have had and how the contributed to the person you are now. Did you have a teacher, coach, instructor etc. that helped ignite your creative spirit?

No comments: