Friday, July 25, 2008

More July Birthdays...and a couple sneak peaks..

I went to see my blog and was shocked that I never posted my earlier birthday cards for this month, especially since there are a couple I am really proud of!

The first card was made for my husbands Uncle, he always takes care of the family wiener roasts on the farm, and so I let that be my inspiration. I will really miss this stamp set, I wish I had given in and bought it a long time ago...but now it's retiring...{snif, snif} I am pretty sure this set will have a place in my private stash though!

{Recipe}

Stamps:Happy Camper, Nature Trail wheel, weathered
Paper: always artichoke, not quite navy, very vanilla, close to cocoa, pumpkin pie
Ink:Same as CS & Basic black, Whisper white, summer sun, garden green, chocolate chip
Tools & Acc:silver elastic cord, Crystal Effects (on the lantern)


The next card was made for a 14 year old girl who, well, loves everything pink! I figured pink + flowers + glitter+ monkey = can't go wrong! Apparently I found a winning combination because she loved it =)

{Recipe}

Stamps: Sock monkey, polka dot BG, Heard from the Heart
Paper: pirouette pink, pretty in pink CA & DSP, whisper white, going gray
Ink:Same as CS & Basic black, Whisper white
Tools & Acc: three for you punch, new scalloped edge punch, chunky essentials glitter in clear. 2-way glue

This last card is by far may favourite and that is in part because it was such a huge challenge. I mean, what do you make for a 16 year old boy??(that he will actually like...) Well fortunately for me he likes computers and tech stuff and my Pun Fun stamp set (with the little space ship) and my small star punch just arrived! The acetate window and the general colour scheme were inspired by someone on SCS, though I'm afraid I can't remember who. i decided to use my new space ship, and to make a tilt card (the space ship tips and turns when you tilt the card). The space ship seemed kind of forlorn on its own so I created a 'vapour trail' for it using one of the flourishes from the stitched exotics set. For the numbers I covered chip board numbers with encore silver ink and then embossed them with Iridescent Ice. It gives them a fun spacey feel!


{Recipe}
Stamps:Pun fun, All Holidays, stitched exotics
Paper: Wild wasabi, pumpkin pie, whisper white, Jersey shore DSP, acetate
Ink:Same as CS & Basic black, brilliant blue, silver
Tools & Acc:Chip board # from lots of letters set, iridescent ice EP, star punch, 2-way glue, dazzling diamonds glitter


No comments: