Sunday, June 6, 2010

More Paper Flowers

Bet you thought, I was done with the paper flowers, eh? Nope. In fact, I have at least one more project after this one up my sleeve!!
This was another fun and relatively simple card. I always find it so hard to pin point the source of my inspiration with cards like this. I love browsing paper crafting blogs and it seems like sometimes the projects I make wind up being the synthesis of things that inspired me on them over days or weeks or even longer. Two blogs that definitely influenced me for this one though are Paper Pleasing Ideas and My Favorite Things (hmmm, I almost typed My Favorite Thongs, I'm sure that would not be a blog I'd want to be sending you to!!)


This card, much like the Crushed Curry card I shared earlier this week, was made for a friend who just had a long awaited baby girl. This time after 3 boys. (I have only one-I just can't imagine!) So once again this card was made to be a celebration of all things girly. The flower was made in felted Pink Pirouette (a returning in color) cardstock so it has a very pleasing flannel-like texture to it.
The felt accent pieces were from the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt elements that were available in the last mini catalogue. I earned them free with my MDS certification in the fall {Yay SU!} I actually do have to admit though, I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to embellishment and despite really liking these elements this is the first project I dared break into them for! Do you do the same? I still have piles of DSP waiting for just the right project, and I can't bear to cut into them, silly really, that IS why I bought it!
Well that's it for today, I'd love to read your comments, Happy Stampin'!

No comments: