Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Father's Day Class

Well, this was supposed to get posted yesterday but,the day got away on me! So here we go a day late. Today I have a couple of really fun projects to show you. These projects will be featured at my Father's Day Class on June 12th (more info to follow)






This first picture is of a family name frame, this is what the original class project was going to be. I really liked working with the All in the Family stamp set, you can easily create caricatures of you family using the various stick body parts though, a Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must for this set! I found it pretty easy to customize each character to represent my family the only thing I think they need to add is a bald head and a beard/goatee. I sort of drew a beard on my husband and I actually gave the dog longer legs because our pooch is a giant! I did not have a current family picture to place in the frame so I created a little insert with a 'T' and the definition for 'Together" on it. I used the Summer Picnic DSP to accent my frame but you could really pick any paper to match your family or home decor. I really like this project and I thought anyone would enjoy making one. Even if you are grown up, moved out but, yet to start a family , I thought it might be a fun gift for your parents featuring you and your siblings. But, alas...only my friends with their own children have shown interest....so....Thanks to our recent Extravaganza I had another idea. I`ve decided that, if you do not want to make a Family Name Frame, to invite you to decorate a shadowbox frame to match your home decor!





This is the frame I decorated, I absolutely love the Ginger Blossom Paper and so I decided to feature it. Once again I could not find a suitable photo so I created a complimentary insert instead. I am quite please with how it turned out and I can`t wait to create more of these!!

In case you are interested, the class information is as follows:


Date: Thursday June 12th, 7 pm


Location: My Home


Cost: $30 ($25 for VIP members)


Details: Payment of class fee is required to reserve your spot. Please mention if you would prefer a black or cream coloured frame. Everything you need to make one frame will be provided but, please do bring your own dry double-sided adhesive. If you wish an additional frame can be made for $15 (you must indicate this at time of registration)


I hope you can join us on the 12th!

No comments: