Monday, June 7, 2010

The Last of the Paper Flower- For Now!

Well this is the last paper flower card I have in my photo stash. Unfortunately this card was not fun to make. A family friend lost their 22 year old daughter to heart failure this spring, and I wanted to make a card that reflected her personality rather than focusing on the grief side of things. This girl was a lovely, ever cheerful and friendly person with a natural flair and love of fashion. She will be greatly missed. I find I am not the best with words, at least not when it comes to situations like these and so I really appreciate the nearly therapeutic effect of crafting a card like this for people you care about. I hope this card will bring a little sunshine into this family's dark days.


The card itself was again inspired by the colours in the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP fut this time I focused on the deeper hues. I loaded on the flowers and the distressing for this card. I wanted to go with the vintage shabby look but it also had to have some bling to it so I used some rhinestone brads and added some Encore Gold ink (Retiring!!!) directly to the paper along the outer edges of the card. I quite liked the effect. The last thing worth mentioning about the card is the greeting. I had already loaded so much stuff onto the card and did not want to overwhelm it with the greeting and so I actually stamped it on vellum. You can't see it very well in the pic but, because of the transparency of the vellum, the greeting isn't as 'in your face' despite it's size.

I know this is not the most pleasant type of project to share but, we all have moments when we are called on to make sympathy cards and I think it's important to share them too. To make up for it though, I promise my next few cards will be super cheerful, and maybe even a little silly!

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

WOW Nadia, you certainly did capture her personality in this design. Love everything about it, and so much that captures my eye every time I look at it. This is not my favorite DSP to work with, but you truly did an awesome job putting this all together. Love it!!