Saturday, June 5, 2010

Flashy Flowers

I figured since I'm on a bit of a role with the paper flower thing I might as well keep going. The card I'm sharing today has a pretty wild colour combo but, I really like how it turned out. I wanted to give a thank you gift to a family friend (in her 80's but, you'd never guess!) who really went out of her way to help me this year while I was busy with the baby. The card was inspired by a really cheerful but, admittedly wild gift bag that I was using. I wish I had thought of taking a pic of the bag (hindsight eh?) so you could see where the idea came from. Basically the bag was checkered in kiwi and white then covered in multicolored gebera like daisies. I think it also had black polka dots on it somehow but, for the moment I can't imagine how!


Anyway, this turned out to be a really quick card thanks to Mr. Big Shot (looooooove him!-shhh, don't tell Will!). I used the daisies #2 die with Orchid Opulescence and Pixie Pink cardstock (I think, I never use those colours) . This is a fabulous die as you can easily produce very impressive flowers and their appearance can be totally transformed simply by your choice of papers and the number of layers you use. I think I've posted a flower I made with this die using blues and the effect is completely different!
While I'm on the topic of things I love, have you gotten the vibe recently that I LOVE the corduroy buttons? Especially these Kiwi Kiss one- and their available in the clearance rack really cheap! Unfortunately it looks like they all hit the Last Chance Accessories list so it looks like I'll have to stock up before they're all gone! My favourite colour is actually the Kraft (soon to be Crumb Cake) because they are pale enough to colour with markers!
OK I'm sure you feel that, that's more than enough ranting about buttons and such so, I guess I'll sign off for now. Do be sure to check out those last chance lists though, there are really great things that won't be available after Juin 30th!

Happy Stampin!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I happen to love both these colors and am sad to see them go. Beautiful card Nadia.