Monday, November 10, 2008

Lots of Christmas Cards

I have been really busy making Christmas cards and class samples over the last few months so now I have tons to share with you, I will upload as many projects as I can in this post before my daughter's bedtime! Alright, I will start with a few of the cards I have made for in-home workshops. This first one is using the level 2 Hostess set Deer Friends. I was inspired by a number of samples I saw on SCS to make this one. I actually have not used it yet in a party as, I have designed it to use at my cousins workshop at the end of the month..shhh don't tell! Yeah well I know that's not going to work well seeing as how he is subscribed to my blog! Any how, Ryan, I hope you like it!! {Recipe}
Stamps: Cute & Curly, Deer Friends (hostess)

Paper: Ridinghood Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Ink: (markers) Basic Black, Ruby red, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun.
Tools & Acc.: wide red and white striped GG ribbon, chunky essentials red glitter, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Punches: Curly Label, 1-3/8 & 1-1/4 circles.
These next 3 very different cards were made at the same home workshop. The lay our for this first one was taken from a SCS sketch challenge and the colours were inspired by the Urban Garden DSP. {Recipe}
Stamps: Snow Swirled
Paper: Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, whisper white, going grey, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: same as paper + versamark, night of navy & encore silver
Tools & Acc.: styled silver hodgepodge, D.D. glitter, chunky sprinkles iridescent glitter, iridescent ice EP


It's no secret that I love this Sock monkey, another demonstrator on my team came up with a great swap card using the monkey and bleaching out his paler bits. I thought it was ingenious so of course I cased it! I had fun making this card, one detail that you can't really see in the photo but that adds a lot of dimension to this card is the punched vellum circles I glued on the bashful blue layer. The circles are different sizes and echo the polka dots on the monkeys gift. {Recipe}
Stamps: Sock Monkey & accessories
Paper: whisper white, kraft, bashful blue, real red,vellum
Ink: versamark, (markers) real red, bashful blue
Tools & Acc.: 3/4 in real red GG ribbon, variety of smaller circle punches, black EP, bleach


Tonight's final card was designed specifically for my step-mom Margaret. She fell so in love with the stamp set Cardinal Christmas in the Holiday Mini Catalogue that she insisted on buying it so that I could use it at her party! I did think this stamp was lovely but, it was pretty low on my purchasing priority list so it was a real treat to be able to work with it!
{Recipe}
Stamps: Cardinal Christmas
Paper: watercolor paper, very vanilla, always artichoke, brushed gold
Ink: versamark, Stazon black, (to watercolor) ridinghood red, summer sun, chocolate chip, always artichoke, bashful blue
Tools & Acc.: clear EP, striped GG ribbon, colluzzle, large oval punch, aquapainter


Thanks for looking, please leave comments, if all goes well I will be back tomorrow with more!

No comments: