Saturday, June 28, 2008

Youch! Belated Father's Day

June was a bad blogging month... It looks like I have some major catching-up to do now! It seems that as soon as stuff starts to get crazy in my life the Blog is the first thing to suffer, and I have sooooooo many projects to share! I know "Bad Blogger!". Here are a few very late postings, shall I start with Father's day? Below are the cards I made for some of the Fathers in my life...

This first card I made for my Grandpapa in Quebec. I love the tool box in this card because it's just perfect for someone like him who was always in the wood shop. I really liked the look of the screw head brads I've seen some people using but, since I don't have any I just drew an X on some plain silver brads. It's not quite as cool but, I still like the effect.
{Recipe}
Stamps: For Father (Occasions Mini Catalogue), Weathered BG, Canvas BG
Paper: not quite navy, creamy caramel, garden green, ruby red, watercolour paper
Ink:
Same as paper+ whisper white craft ink, close to cocoa, stazon black
Tools & Acc.: watercolor wonder crayons, aquapainter, spiral punch, 1/2 in circle punch, standard hole punch, silver paint pen, silver brads.

The following card was made for my husbands grandfather. I had a blast making this card, I just got the Happy Camper stamp set and....I know it's retiring...sniff, sniff... but I am not going to be parting with this set any time soon!! There is just too much you can do with it!!

{Recipe}
Stamps: Happy camper, Wild about you
Paper: creamy caramel, basic black, real red, close to cocoa, brilliant blue, pumpkin pie, summer sun, real rust, bashful blue DSP, card stock weight velum.
Ink:
whisper white craft ink, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, versamark, brilliant blue, wild wasabi
Tools & Acc.: silver EP, white EP, crystal effects (on the hot dog!), white signo gel pen, silver paint pen.

This card was made for my Father in law, I just wanted to make something cheerful and modern without having a theme. I was inspired by the colours in this Jersey Shores DSP and some cards I saw on SCS. I also just got my hands on the 1-3/8 and 1-1/4 square paper punches and I can't stop usint them!!

{Recipe}
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Brilliant blue, wild wasabi textured CS, Whisper White, Jersey Shores DSP.
Ink:
brilliant blue, pumpkin pie, wild wasabi
Tools & Acc.: 1-3/8 square punch, double stitched and striped wild wasabi ribbon, pumpkin pie 3/8 GG, bold bright button, silver elastic thread, mini glue dots.

Now this final card has got to be my favourite, and it was definitely the most time consuming! I made this card for my husband. I love how flexible the All in the Family set is you really can make a caricature of anyone!

{Recipe}
Stamps: All Holidays, All in the Family
Paper: Brilliant blue, Whisper White, Jersey Shores DSP.
Ink:
brilliant blue craft, pumpkin pie, wild wasabi
Tools & Acc.: 1-3/8 square punch, pumpkin pie 3/8 GG, mini glue dots, Blossom basics chipboard pk. many marvelous markers!

I hope you enjoyed my belated creations, there are more to come I swear!

No comments: