Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Custom Grosgrain Ribbon!


This is so cool! While I was making the card 'Life is Good Girl!' for my Stamp n' Spa, I just couldn't find the right ribbon so, I made my own. I didn't end up using the ribbon but, it's still cool! I knew that you could dye ribbon with ink pads and alcohol markers but, I was nervous about trying it with water-based inks like SU! classic inks or markers. I knew that if the ribbon got wet things would get really messy. Then came the brainwave, if I am using it on something like a card (which of course can't get wet anyway...) it really doesn't matter! This little epiphany opened up so many options. in the picture here I took the 5/8" regal rose grosgrain ribbon from SU! and stamped it in chocolate chip with the flower from A Beautiful Thing, then I took my chocolate chip marker and coloured the edges. If you work on the side of the ribbon that has raised edges it's really easy to control your marker and you get the ink just where you want it. Well I am off to dream of more beautiful ribbons...hmmm polka dots, stripes, animals...ooh the possibilities are endless!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

this is a great idea!! I stamp on clothing but usually forget we can stamp on ribbon....love what you did with it!
maureen
aka tinkers_bell SCS